I was creating a video on data analytics today. I needed to show a graphic of lots of data scrolling in the background for the video title. This is how I did it.
- Create many rows of data by using this formula in Excel
- Copied the resulting data and pasted in Word as Text
- Search for ^p which means paragraph mark and replace with nothing
- This merged all the data into one big block of text
- Paste it into a textbox in PowerPoint and use it for animation to create the title for the video
The result looks like this. Moral of the story? Use the right tool in the right place!