Groups in Office 365 simplify teamwork. Creating the Group is easy. But getting the entire team to utilize it effectively is another matter. This article shows a step by step process of bringing your team together using Groups. Technology is only 50% of the story, rest is psychology!
This article is for IT professionals only. Office templates are created by users. How to make common templates available to all employees (or specific groups)? Here are the approaches available.
Using File Folder / SharePoint Document Library
- AD and GPMC is required.
- Put all the templates in a central shared folder or a document library.
- Install and download Group Policy admin templates for Office.
- Open Group Policy MMC, open Admin templates – MS Office <ver> – Shared Paths
- Change the setting Enterprise Templates Path
- If server share provide UNC Path.
- If SharePoint library, add that as a network location (or map as drive in login script).
- That’s It. Now users can see templates in Word, Excel, PowerPoint – File – New
Using content types
- Create a document library
- Give read only access to all users
- Create and map a content type
- Add templates to the content type
- New button in the document library will now list all mapped templates
Here is the recording of my session in Pune DevCon – a gathering of developers in Pune, India. Please pardon me for using Hindi language intermittently. I needed to use local language for maximum impact.
Thanks to Mahesh Mitkari, Mayur Tendulkar, Vikram Pendse and team for arranging a great event. Enjoy!
This is a live recording. Please pardon the background noise and poor video quality.
There are two types of charts. First type is a chart which you create to interpret data more effectively. The second type is more common. These charts are created billions of times everyday – why? Because boss wants it that way!
In this article, I am going to attempt to change the mindset of all users of Charts. Please spend 5 minutes of your time reading this article and trying out a new thought process. I am confident that it will add value to your life.
Photo credit: Elsie esq. / Foter / CC BY and salendron / Foter / CC BY-NC-SA
The buzzword is “consumption”. Deployment does not mean effective usage. The efforts which are taken in this direction are inadequate as well as misdirected. This guarantees underutilization and poor ROI. Read on to find out what goes wrong and how to correct it.
If you are in-charge of deploying new products in your organization, this article is for you. As usual, a new fashionable word is introduced every year. This year it is Consumption. Read on to find out what it really means to you.
This is not just a brand name. The word “one” is the key to understanding how to use OneDrive. That is why everyone should know it.